Monday, June 25, 2012

Local Pampering

We all need a little pampering.  Months ago, I was searching out a good massage therapist, and a place (off base) to get a pedicure.  I've found a few local places that have given me professional, friendly service.  Here are some suggestions that I think are worth checking out:

A friend and I got pedicures on a snowy day!


Nails

I've been really happy with Sakura Beauty Salon.  They are located outside main base, and making an appointment is easy.  The owner is an Amerika-jin, and the nail technicians do a thorough job.  If you're looking for a deluxe pedicure, the chance to watch a movie, and drink a complimentary beverage, then this is the place for you.  They are not that cheap, but the service I've received at Sakura, was far better than I had at the NEX.  Here is their website for additional information: http://www.theroom806.com

Massage

Purdy Gym on main base has a variety of massage therapists.  I asked friends about who they use, and many gave rave reviews about Mayumi.  So far, I've had 2 different types of massages from her: Thai Oil Massage, and Aromatherapy Massage.  To schedule a massage, you go to the main desk at Purdy and pay for the type of massage you want.  For a complete listing of massages and their cost, click on the following link:  http://mwryokosuka.wordpress.com/mwr-massage-services/

Hair

There are many options for getting your hair done in Yokosuka.  I know people who go to the NEX, go to in-home salons, to Tokyo, etc.  I originally started going to someone in The Honch who I liked and who was cheap, but have since changed to a friend's hairdresser named Takumi at Kenje Hair Designs in Mikasa Mall.  He gave me a great cut, and loves short hair.  This is good since it will be getting really hot here, and I need to stay cool.  The salon hours are from 10:00-6:00pm (they may take after-hour appointments) daily.  Their number is: 046-820-6021.  Look for their coupons.  A stylist is usually in the mall, or on Blue Street handing out coupons.  What a great way to try someone new, plus save some money while you're at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment