Sunday, February 12, 2012

Being in the Workforce

Where I work!
A little over three weeks ago, I had an interview and a job offer for a part-time position on base.  This was a huge feat for me because I have been actively looking for work since Spring 2011.  I have blogged about the job process for civilian spouses, and of my frustrations.

So, to counter my frustrations, I decided I had to set a goal for myself in the New Year.  The goal I needed was to use my networking skills to see if that would lead me to getting a job.  I have been so tired waiting on others, that I had to take some action.  I have been ready to get some structure into my day, gain more work experience and not to mention, I've been more than ready to get some travel money set aside.  Either my effort of utilizing my connections paid off, or it was just plain old good timing.

Tomorrow, I am starting my third week of work.  It is the perfect position.  I work with great ladies, work around 20 hours a week, love the store, and its close to home.  I enjoy working with the public, enjoy being on my feet and now am much more productive.  My new schedule has taken a little getting used to, but I'm getting into the groove of it all.  Soon it will be second-nature.

I'm hoping to get back to blogging on a more regular basis.  We are pretty much settled from our move, and there are still endless topics on Japan that I want to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment